I know this site is tagged ‘beyond the casinos’, but you just can’t ignore them when you’re in Macau. From the old charm of the original Casinos on the peninsula, to the glitzy magnificence of the new giants on the Cotai Strip – they are a must-see when visiting Macau and this is a list of the top ones you may want to consider.
These are a selection of some of the you might want to consider when planning your trip. New casinos are currently under construction – so I’ll be adding those, and back-filling and expanding this list with ones I’ve missed – so please do check back regularly for the latest updates.
- Broadway – Casino, Theatre & RestaurantsContinue reading
Broadway is an eclectic mix of theatre, hotel, casino, restaurants and street food market.
- Casino LisboaContinue reading
Casino Lisboa (葡京娛樂場) is the original casino in Macau, built in the late 1960s by Stanley Ho and acquaintances. It consisted of the casino itself and the distinctive 12 story round tower hotel.
- City of Dreams MacauContinue reading
City of Dreams (新濠天地) is a casino/resort which stands at the bottom of the Cotai Strip directly opposite the Venetian. It incorporates the Hard Rock, Crown Towers and Grand Hyatt hotels (which together make up the four towers surrounding the main casino and retail area - known as the Boulevard).
- Grand Lisboa CasinoContinue reading
Grand Lisboa Casino (新葡京) is located in the heart of Macau, where this stunning building in the shape of a golden lotus leaf dominates the local skyline.
- MGM Macau CasinoContinue reading
- Sands Casino MacauContinue reading
If you arrive in Macau by ferry from Hong Kong - the impressive bright red Sands Casino sign, logo and hotel tower are probably the first things that catch your eye as you pull into the Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal (at least if it's dark as you approach).
- Studio CityStudio City is a Hollywood themed hotel and casino resort on the Cotai Strip, standing next to the Parisian. It features an Art Deco design inspired by two asteroids shooting through a building in Gotham City, and has strong movie themed motifs throughout.Continue reading
- The Parisian MacauContinue reading
The Parisian (澳門巴黎人) is a stunning new Casino on the Cotai Strip - notable in no small part to the half-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower that stands in front of it.
- Venetian MacauContinue reading
The mighty Venetian (澳門威尼斯人度假村酒店) dominates the lower part of the Cotai strip. Opened in 2007, it is a 39 story themed casino hotel owned by the American Las Vegas Sands company and obviously styled on Venice and Venetian history.
- Wynn Macau CasinoContinue reading
Wynn Macau Casino (永利澳門渡假村), which is owned by Wynn Resorts, opened to the public in 2006 (after the monopoly of Stanley Ho's company STDM came to an end in 2000).